Thursday, January 26, 2012

Leaning into the Pain


Leaning Into the Pain.







I remember your smile, I remember your eyes so lovely and green
I remember the softness of your skin and being the happiest I had even been.
I remember the cuddles, I remember the kisses and the moments of peace
I remember when the things took a turn for the worse and the pain it released.

To balance the pain with the joy of your love is getting easier each day
Although the ardent longing of my heart will always remain.
So as reminders and special days come to the surface once again
I will strengthen my resolve to lean into the hurt and the pain

For in embracing the reality of the deep loss and sorrow
It allows for the contractions of grief to do it's part knowing that tomorrow
Will bring new hope, for the sorrow lasts but the night
for joy comes in the morning and reveals the pain into the light
of the One who holds my sweet pea in His ever strong hands
Awaiting for the day I will finally understand His unfathomable plans.


No comments: