Sunday, April 24, 2011

Safe in His Nail Scarred Hands.

Easter for me took on a whole new meaning after Gracie died. Before Gracie, I was thankful for the cross, thankful for His sacrifice and the forgiving of my sins for sure. Yet, there was a disconnect. After experiencing death right before me, and burying a child, Easter would never be the same. I could not stop weeping that first Easter with such deep gratitude that my baby although no longer with me, was NOT in the grave. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness in the knowledge that my sweet pea was not lost, or gone. No, she was safe in the nail-scarred hands of the One who that took on the sin of the world. My sweet lovely girl was still as lovely and sweet as the day she was born. Gracie never had to experience true death. She was never apart from God. Jesus experienced this true death...separation from the Father. I can't even begin to imagine the extent of this sacrifice. That the One who spoke this world into motion willingly gave up His power to enter this broken world only to be broken and spilled out. He experienced this true separation from God, so that my baby would live, so that I would live, and that you would live too. Words could never describe the thankfulness of this mama's heart in knowing that because of His great love, that Gracie is healed and safe holding His nail scarred hands, and dancing at his pierced feet.

No comments: