Thursday, August 25, 2011

This Remembrance Is GRACE









I awoke to find you were the first thought on my mind
And I remembered you.
As I made tiny beds, and made sure mouths were fed
I remembered you.

As I heard little voices, playing and making noises
I remembered you.
I thought of your face, & all of God's grace
I remembered you.

And though this remembrance brings tears and pain
Each tear drop that falls, does not fall in vain
For each is filled with memories & gladness too
Reminding me that there was a 'you'

Some say time heals, and in some ways it's true
But remembrance is a gift for it links me to you
Some people say forget, move on, she's in a better place
But what they don't understand is that this remembrance is Grace.

5 comments:

Chelsea R said...

Simply beautiful Nelia, you expressed yourself so well here and your little girl is definitely smiling at each and every one of you while you all grow. She will never feel forgotten or unloved.

Dianna Smith said...

So beautiful, Nelia. Made me cry.

Laurie said...

So absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Beautifully Mended said...

Thank you everyone! To remember is a gift of God's grace to me - truly it is. Sometimes people think it's best to forget, but I think remembering is God's gift to us for it links us to our loved one. This thought was on my mind first thing as woke up today and as I wrote in my journal, it turned into this little poem.

Thanks for the love and encouragement - it is so appreciated :)

Jessika said...

Oh Nelia, your words are always so beautiful but this poem especially. How lovely!